Let's start at the end. I recently found out that you can buy pre-washed, pre-cut quilting squares. Saves you money (because you buy exactly the amount you need), saves you time, and saves you the hassle of choosing fabrics that probably won't end up matching!
I specifically liked this happy sort-of 80's sort of childish fabric collection:
{Fabric Square Shop, Frolic by Sandy Gervais}
Sandy Gervais designs fabric prints for moda. Feast your eyes on fabrics by other designers at moda! I could just spend hours and hours looking!
I got the idea for pre-cut fabric squares for quilting from this burdastyle project. Gotta love the quilt and the cute kitty-cat!!
frankiesoup bought the fabric at Carol's Patchwork and Quilting shop on ebay. I think it might be cheaper so it's worth checking out.
The purl bee, which is a wonderful site, also has a small selection of fabric bundles but they are rather expensive, because you are getting more fabric, I guess. each piece of fabric is rather large so you'd have to cut it into squares yourself. Their designs are very chic and pretty.
{Purl Soho, Neutral Liberty Fat Quarter Bundle}
www.fabric.com also have a huge variety of fabrics by the yard, or in fat quarter (about 45x50 cm) bundles. Definitely a place to drool over so much beautiful fabric!
For now I hesitate buying fabric there because the international shipping is VERY expensive.
What about you? Have you found a good fabric shop online? Do tell!!



No comments:
Post a Comment