A few days ago I reorganized my sewing room. First of all having a sewing room is SO GREAT. I can close the door so my cats don't stroll in and eat threads and shred papers and sit on pins... I can leave everything out the way I want to, without the house looking a mess. And now it just got ten times better! Because:
- My fabrics are organized, in separate piles according to their purpose (knits/jerseys, clothing fabric, heavier fabrics, etc). I know it's not a must, but this way I am more focused on what fabrics I have, so I can use them instead of doing what I usually do, which is to buy more fabric at the store...
- It's so much fun and inviting to work in a tidy room where you have space for your stuff!!
- The ironing board is out and ready, I have 2 strong lamps, I have the lovely window which lets in a lot of light during the daytime, I have my drawers and boxes with the buttons and zippers all arranged and at the ready, my drafting rulers are hanging on a nail on the wall :-) I have everything I need!! Well, mostly :-)
- And best of all: I put another table in the room. So now I have a table for the sewing machine and the serger, and a separate table for drafting and cutting fabric!! It is SO much better this way! Beforehand, I found myself shifting things from here to there, and then ending up working inside a huge mess.
What do you think? If you have any sewing room tips or comments I would love to hear them :-)
1 comment:
Wow! I wish I had a little room for sewing! you're so lucky! It's very useful to have your own space
Post a Comment