Sunday, February 26, 2012

finished 10-gore skirt

This is the second self-drafted 10-gore skirt I made. I'm very pleased with it.

It's so easy to draft this skirt. Cutting the fabric takes a while, but it's worth it.

The lining is the same as the outer skirt except shorter. Lining a skirt/dress makes all the difference. The skirt sits more nicely, and doesn't snag. I wouldn't dream of omitting the lining.



The waistband is a straight band, interfaced with tailor's interfacing, which is rather softer and less stiff than the other interfacing.



The fabric is a loose weave, suitable for a jacket.

What do you think?

And yeah - I got a new iphone 4s, white, and I love it! :-)

10 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

It's a very flattering skirt, Keren!!! Looks STUNNING!!! Fabulous job drafting it yourself!!!

Kristin said...

You drafted that yourself, amazing! It falls beautifully, great job!

Happy in red said...

That's a great skirt! You have such a tiny waist!!
Esther.

mamamia said...

beautiful work!

Ricochet said...

Looks great! Good length for the office but the flare keeps it young and fun.

Gwen @ The Bold Abode said...

Oh, Keren! It's AMAZING! And you look so chic in it. You've got the skillz girl!

Kei said...

It turned out fabulously!

Johanna said...

This is my first visit to your blog- it's so lovely, and I love your skirt- it rules! :) I have a gored skirt planned but I think it's less flared than that :) I won't be drafting it though, it's a pattern.

So yeah I'm really impressed at your skills!

Gray said...

Nice job!

Isn't it funny how different materials really change the tone of the clothing??

You look wonderful in it!

Anonymous said...

Keren..you are gorgeous..and that skirt is just beautiful..you are very talented! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...