Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tag, I'm it! Blogger style

Kadie of Seven Alive tagged me and I'm playing. Here are the rules of the game:

 RULES
**You must post the rules {?!}
**Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you & then create 11 questions to ask the people you’ve tagged
**Tag 11 people and link them in your post
**Let them know you have tagged them



Here are my answers to Kadie's questions:


Q1: What is the last book you read, or are currently reading?
I'm sorry to say I'm currently reading a thriller novel, just something to pass the time, nothing too amazing.  


Q2: What is your all time favorite movie and why?
Hmmmmm... I can't say it's my favorite but it's one of my favorite movies: The Hours. It was so deep, so sad, so full of meaning, and spoke to me. I loved the way they portrayed the desperation in the female characters' lives. I loved how so many things were hidden just below the surface, and then boiled over. I loved Meryl Streep's acting, especially the scene where she's preparing food in the kitchen and breaks down. It's a very human and deep and touching movie.


Q3: Would you rather dress up and go out to eat or stay home?
Dress up and go out to eat!!! As everyone knows, I am not a fan of the kitchen. Food is always tastier when someone else prepares it. And it's fun to be out and about.


Q4: How much time do you spend on the computer a day?
Way too much. 9 hours at work (I'm a software developer), and then a bit more surfing/blogging/emailing/chatting at home.

Q5: What is your favorite city or town, you have visited, and why?
Definitely Berlin, Germany. I loved the culture, the art, the cafe's and bars, shopping, the history, the museums. I had a nice time there with my brother's wife and I even met up with my sewing friend Gray! It was fun and I'd like to go back.

Q6Are you a cake or pie person?
I'm not sure I know the difference... But if I do eat cake or pie, I like it to be very juicy: either with a ton of fruit in it (like apple pie) or lots of delicious chocolate. And not too sweet.


Q7If time, money, and kids were not a factor and you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? 
So many places. The USA to meet all of my blogging friends and internet friends, and attend courses by Susan Khalje on haute couture and Denyse Schmidt about improvisational quilting. To Australia and New Zealand because I hear they're amazing. Spain, to speak the language. South America. 

Q8You are on a beautiful beach, warm sun and sand.  Are you most likely to build a sand castle, or swim in the ocean?
Probably swim in the ocean. It's too hot out in the sun and I love the lulling feeling of the waves. The sea water is good for your skin, too.


Q9: What is your favorite book?
I have a few: 
Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
Three Comrades by Erich Maria Remark
The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
and probably others that have slipped my mind...

Q10: What is your favorite type of food: Italian, Mexican, or Chinese?
I guess out of the three I'd have to say Italian. I love a good pasta, but not too often. Mexican is too spicy and meaty and Chinese too salty and processed. I prefer sushi, fresh salads, and vegetarian dishes though.


Q11: What is your favorite drink?
I try to steer clear of sugary drinks, including squeezed juices. I do like lemonade, and "herbal tea" without sugar.


Here are the people I've tagged (Kadie has tagged some of my friends so I won't retag them...):


Esther -   Happy in Red
Gray -     Gray in Berlin
Gia -      OnePerfectDay
Kristin -  pritty tings
Christie - Describe Happy
Becky -    The Barefoot Seamstress
Gwen -     The Bold Abode
Tori -     oneelevenstudio
Tanya -    Craft Couture by T.C.
Lisa -     notes from a mad housewife
Jill -     Creating my way to Success


Here are my questions to the people I've tagged:


Q1: What is your stand on vegetarianism / veganism? Do you eat meat? Do you wish you didn't?
Q2: What is your favorite piece of jewelry?
Q3: What did you enjoy doing / playing as a child?

Q4: Name one thing you love about sewing.
Q5: Name one thing you don't enjoy which is a part of sewing.
Q6: Do you have a pet (cat, dog, etc)? Do share a photo! 
Q7: Would you rather live in a bustling city or the quiet suburb / countryside?
Q8: If you could go back to a certain age and be as smart as you are now, what age would that be?
Q9: What is your favorite sport / physical activity (yoga, basketball, hiking, etc...)?

Q10: If you were extremely rich, what would you do with your time?
Q11: What item have you sewn or made by hand that you are particularly proud of and happy with?



A word to those of you I tagged: If you would rather not participate, that is totally fine!  No pressure, it's just for fun. If I didn't tag you and you would like to play along, I would love for you to leave your answers in the comments.



Thanks for stopping by!!!

4 comments:

Christie describeHappy said...

Oh how fun! I will have to read over your questions and answer them carefully. Happy Leap Day!

Tori said...

How fun! I love your answers : )

Pam @Threading My Way said...

It's great to read your answers to Kadie's questions. I haven't done mine yet. Question 8 is a very good one... I'd go back to being 30.

Kristin said...

Thanks for letting me play along Keren, I just finished posting my answers in time for work (ok maybe I was five minutes late but they are use to that from me!) I had great fun answering and coming up with new questions!
Kristin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...