Thursday, September 6, 2012

moving house continues

I have way too many belongings. Way too many. It's overwhelming!

I'm still slowly moving stuff out of this rented apartment, where I've been living for the past 3 years, and which I have to vacate by the end of this month. Lots of stuff has been / will be given away, and lots has been / will be moved by me (with some help) to my parents' house, since my apartment won't be ready for four months or so.

One room has been completely cleared out. Yay!

The living room (the only room with A/C) has been converted into a minimal living area - a bed (which will be given away), a laptop, the radio, and some furniture that ultimately needs to be moved:

... and a table which serves as my "closet" for clothes:


The former bedroom serves as the "outbox" - with things ready to be carried out:


I've already found takers for the cabinet, the IKEA shelves, the portable stove, and the vacuum cleaner. No takers for the couch as of yet. Maybe that has to do with the damage that the cats inflicted upon it...

My dad has to finish disassembling this closet, which he wants to take:

I will feel a lot better once all of my stuff has been moved out. It makes me nervous to see how much more stuff there is! I still need to clear out the kitchen (eeek) as well. The more stuff I take out of the apartment, the better I feel. My sewing machines and sewing supplies are on the move, which is sad, but I feel that it is necessary at this point.

1 comment:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Definitely making progress, Keren. Good luck with it all....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...