Tuesday, December 18, 2012

interior design (planning): bathroom

I have no idea how the bathroom (shower) is going to look.
Kinda stuck with that one.

It'll probably have this gorgeous ceramic tile faux-wood floor, or as a second choice, some medium-grey tile.
[ source ]
The bathroom layout will be like this. The small window on the left is a high-window to ventilate the adjacent guest bathroom. The window on the right is very big, from about a foot or two off the floor up to the ceiling.


The shower will have transparent or translucent glass doors, the usual, like this one:


The floor will be smooth! There will be no "bump" to step over or on which to stub my accident-prone toes!


Which tile or wall covering will we choose?

I wanted to go for this design:


But the only tiles I saw in the shops would create a disappointing effect such as:


So... In the meantime here are the other bathroom inspirations I've collected.
For more, see here.

I love the green, and the dark grey of the floor. Somewhat of a 70's look.

A rather clean, practical, safe look. Maybe on the boring side, but it works.

I love this! But will I be able to stand it after one day?
And will I be able to replicate this look? [ source ]

Also *yawn*... But it works, right?
And it's not extremely white and bright. [ source ]

I like this one too, though it's on the minimalist side...  I dunno. [ source ]
Here are two more with a floor reminiscent of the kind I might have:




What's your opinion?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...