I bought an apartment back in May 2012, and I finally got the key and started planning renovations with the best interior designer I could have hoped for :-)
Everything is being redone.
This is the house's layout now (before) [click to enlarge]
And this the layout that Michal planned [click to enlarge]
Though the changes are subtle, they will make a huge difference!
Here are some of our design inspirations. For more, see my
pinterest wall.
For the
kitchen:
We loved the blue cabinets and the touches of wood-color. The counter top and walls are a semi-white/neutral color. We also loved the vintage yellow lamp.
For the
floor - same as the above photo - grey, concrete-colored, semi-matte ceramic tiles, uniform in color, reminiscent of concrete floors. They will be used for the whole house, except for the bedroom and the washroom.
Alternatively, maybe we'll go for cabinets in a slightly more pastel/turquoise blue? We'll see.
There will be a short "
concept wall" in the main area, covered in red brick, inspired by this one:
I had originally wanted dark grey Belgian
window frames for the whole house, but my interior designer said they might be too dark. We'll see later on what's best. But the plan is for the living room and bedroom windows to be two large sliding panels, uninterrupted by horizontal or vertical lines.
The
bedroom floor will be hard-wood-like (but probably not real hard wood, because it is easily damaged. Ceramic floor or laminated flooring maybe?), with wide long planks. Some floor color possibilities that I liked:
Or maybe this floor color:
I'd like a
headboard in this style, I think:
The
guest bathroom will be inspired by this one:
I'm not sure how the
washroom will look... But I'm thinking of a turquoise floor or tiles, maybe?
The
small workroom will be colorful and happy, inspired by my fabric baggies:
Or this happy rug:
We want to add personal touches using some
DIY projects.
Like these
doily lamps:
Or a
hand-crocheted rug:
Maybe a small
wall stencil in an inconspicuous location:
I want a
chalkboard wall somewhere, in the kitchen or work room maybe:
Some
colors I love and would like to see in my home:
This
mustard / golden color:
This
dark grey, slightly bluish:
Fuchsia, like this rug:
Maybe this
spring-bud green color?
Teal!
Emerald green:
(see lots more emerald green
here)
This
green is also lovely:
2 comments:
Oh, wow, Keren! How fun! I was so happy to see you pop back up on my blogroll! How have you been?
Having a guest restroom is a major improvement. You will love it! I'm loving all the teals and turquoises you've picked out. And that spring green--killer! How exciting for you!
Post a Comment