Thursday, December 1, 2011

IKEA finds

So I was at IKEA yesterday with my friend Meital. We put on our sneakers and got to trekking the IKEA trail :-) She had a lot to buy and as for me, oh, "I didn't need anything". Right! I ended up getting this and that and the other... about 60 USD's worth of cheap useful stuff... How does that happen...?

So anyway here's what I got:

This contraption dries lettuce using good old centrifugal force. I usually buy lettuce, put it in the fridge, not eat it, then throw it out after it's old and limp. Maybe this'll help me eat more leafy greens.
TOKIG lettuce drier. 25 NIS (7 USD)

This bag will serve as a container and carry-bag for empty plastic bottles to be recycled.
LINGO bag - I got the one on the left. 15 NIS (4 USD)

These artificial plants look real and are really cute. The good thing is that I don't have to feel guilty for not watering them!
FEJKA artificial plants. I got the two on the left. 29 NIS (8 USD) each

I got these flowerpots for my new fake plants:
ORADD small flower pot. 4 NIS (1 USD) each

Last time I was at IKEA I bought six of these drinking glasses, which I like because they're nice and large. One broke so I got another one:
POKAL drinking glass. 3 NIS (0.80 USD)

I got one of these funny-looking contraptions to hang up my scarves:
KOMPL multi-purpose hanger. 29 NIS (8 USD)

And how could I leave IKEA without adding to my collection of these cheap cardboard things for storing stray paper / magazines? I even wrapped one in fabric and it looks so much nicer.
FLYT magazine storage, 9 NIS (2.40 USD) for five
How about you? Did you get a useful and cheap item at IKEA that you can recommend?

3 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Last time I was at IKEA, I looked at the KOMPL multi-purpose hanger. I thought it was fabulous, but couldn't think what I'd use it for, so, most unlike me, I didn't buy it.

Most of my sewing room is IKEA. Probably the best purchase, has been the magnetic boards.

Ricochet said...

Never been to IKEA. :-( I always see and hear about all the sweet fabrics that they offer, but fabrics aren't offered online so I'm bummed. You found some great items. You also have aquired a cool new header. Looks great! I like how it looks with your favicon.

Trish@MomOnTimeout said...

Gotta love IKEA! Thank you so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...