Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pinterest 101: how to add a pin

Some of my fellow toters have been having problems using Pinterest for the first time. Here's a quick tutorial on how to add a pin on pinterest. Hope this helps!

Step 1
Go to www.pinterest.com and log in (I assume you already signed up).
In the picture below, you can see I am logged in because it says "Keren" (my user name) on the top right hand side of the page.

Step 2
Press the "Add +" button at the top right hand side of the page.


Step 3
The popup below appears. Press "Add a Pin".


Step 4
The popup below appears. Enter your blog post URL address (link) and press "Find Images".
In this example, I entered Kristin's blog post URL:
http://prittytings.blogspot.com/2011/11/my-entry-for-solids-only-tote-challenge.html


Step 5
The popup below appears. Pinterest found the images in this blog post (sometimes it doesn't do a good job finding images... Just try again) and displayed them in the bottom left hand side.

Choose the board where you want to pin this pin. The selected board in the below example is "Solids-Only Tote Challenge - Nov 2011"


Let's say you want to add this pin to a new board. Press the text that says "Solids-Only Tote Challenge - Nov 2011" (or whatever it says in your case) and scroll down. Write the new board name where it originally says "Create New Board". I wrote "my bags" - this will be the name of the new board. Press "Create".


Step 6
Enter a description for your pin in the edit box below. In the example below, I wrote "this is a bag I made for the solids only tote challenge" (well, it's a bag that Kristin made :-))


Step 7
Press Next or Prev (below the image) if you want to choose a different image for your pin.


Step 8
Press the red "Pin It" button.


That's it! Your pin is pinned to your new board, "my bags".


2 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh my, how clever are you! Are you like a super wiz kid with a computer?! This is so helpful and you did it in like an hour or less, crazy clever! Thank you so much!

SewCalGal said...

Great tutorial, but I strongly urge everyone to add information about the source/designer when they pin. Comments in Pinterest are internet searchable and the detail comments help them to be found, likewise they are searchable within Pinterest. It is also appropriate to give the creator recognition. Plus, sometimes links do get broken.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...