I made this play mat for my 3 month old niece.
The idea was to combine a variety of textures to help her development. Don't ask me - it's what I was told to make by my her mother :-) Anyway, I made this project in no time - rather than fussing about it being perfect, I just got to work and finished it in a couple of hours. I sewed stretchy fleece to woven fabric without even flinching. No measuring nor planning, either. There's no binding, just a felt backing.
Please accept my usual apology for the really bad photos...
If I ever sew such a diverse combination of fabric types again, I would probably underline them and maybe even baste before sewing.
Nevertheless, the recipients were very pleased with the gift!
3 comments:
I'm not so good at sewing different textured fabrics together. You've done a great job!!! It's a fabulous play mat for a little one.
What a good auntie you are!
I'm sure it will be well loved!
Post a Comment