Sorry for the blurry iphone photos :-( I'll take proper photos when the pillow is done!
Isn't it lovely? I sewed a long strip of different colors of quilting cotton, and then attached it around the edges of the center orange piece, turning the corners so that it will be a "chubby" pillow with "height", and not a pillow with pointy corners, if you know what I mean!
The pink piece on the left will be the back of the pillow. It has a zipper installed in it.
Here's a closeup of one of the corners:
I decided to embroider around each letter using a running stitch, for all of the text. I got everything done except for the first word.
What's left for me to do:
- Running stitch around the first word
- Finish attaching the zipper to the back side (pink)
- Stitch the back side (pink) to the colorful side
- Possibly create an inner pillow with the same dimensions as the outer pillow. This will look nicer than if I stuff the "pointy shaped" inner pillow into this pillow case.
3 comments:
You know I love the running stitch. Perfect way to make the letters stand out!!!!!
Very fun pillow! The running stitch does look great. Can't wait to see the finished product!
it's really coming together nicely! Can't wait to see it all poofed up!
Post a Comment