Sunday, October 9, 2011

green improvisational quilt - day 1

I'm going to have to wait another week or so before the fabric for the lap quilt I'm planning on making arrives. I finished up all of my pending projects, and couldn't relax till I started another project immediately.

Though I've grown pampered and happily accustomed to fine quality quilting cotton fabric, desperate times call for desperate measures, so I gathered this array of "generic" fabric from my stash. All of these fabrics, except the off-white, are normal fabric-store cotton - not soft high quality quilting cotton.


Here's where I thought I'd go with it -
Progressive quilting, Denyse Schmidt inspired, wonky log cabin of sorts, with a crazy touch of red:


So far I have 7 finished squares and 9 additional almost-finished squares. Ignore the pink background in the photo below - that's just a mat (though it's rather pretty!).


So I have a total of 16 squares - I can make it a 4x4 quilt, but that would be quite small for a lap quilt. I'm thinking of maybe creating some "different looking" squares - we'll see tomorrow.

It's time to give it a rest for the day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...