Thursday, November 24, 2011

fabric baggies mass production begins

The fabric baggies mass production process is well underway.

I've cut, interfaced, and written the text on all of the labels:

labels for baggies

I chose fabrics from my stash to be used as the outer bag fabric - a different fabric for each bag. The lining will be made from a firm solid wine-colored lightweight synthetic fabric, till it runs out, and then I'll just grab something else from my stash.

outer fabric for baggies

Next up:
  1. Pressing the fabric.
  2. Cutting the outer fabric, the lining, and the interfacing needed for the outer fabric pieces.
  3. Fusing the interfacing onto the wrong side of the outer fabric pieces.
  4. Hand-stitching the labels onto each lower outer fabric piece with a running stitch, using black embroidery floss.
  5. Making the tabs and installing eyelets.
  6. Installing the zipper and sewing each bag (outer fabric, lining, tab)
  7. Measuring, cutting, sanding, and painting the wooden base that will be hung on the wall
  8. Installing hooks into the wooden base
  9. Securing the wooden base to the wall and hanging up the fabric baggies! 
  10. Taking pictures and writing a tutorial :-)

1 comment:

Happy in red said...

Teehee, I have been mass producing too ;-) Have fun!!
Esther.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...