Sunday, July 24, 2011

a new week

Good morning all!

A new week has begun. Well, in Israel, at least, Sunday is the first workday of the week. Americans and Europeans - you still have another day of rest :-)

Luckily for me, I am happily at home and not working. It's been almost two months since my last day of work, and I'm enjoying every minute.

This morning I went out to run a few errands. I bought this brush to clean out the air conditioner. My boyfriend insists I do that because of his asthma (and he's right, of course). Since I tend to wait until the house is in an unlivable state and only then do I clean it, I've decided to hire a cleaning person - I really mean it this time!
paint brush to be used for cleaning dust out of the A/C
Nail polish was on sale at the pharmacy so I got a few bottles. I love the fiery red, which has a tinge of orange. The other two are pretty much neutral / transparent. I also got nail hardener which is a pretty word for putting on nail polish without feeling bad :-) And I got a nail drier, which looks like clear nail polish - you put it on over two layers of color nail polish and it adds a shine and dries the nail polish more quickly.

nail polish - pretty!
My friend and fellow seamstress Libby gave me this bathing suit fabric - a lovely turquoise and dark blue print. 
swimwear fabric
Each of us is sewing a bathing suit for herself, using McCall's 5400.

I'm making this top and bottom:
And she's making this top and bottom:

I ran into this super cute Marfy F2188 jumpsuit that I had to post:

---
Finally an esoteric tip I got at Auto Depot today - don't replace your windshield wipers till September. The heat of July/August will dry and crack the rubber way too fast.

---
On the agenda today:

  • Continue reading the eye opening book Couture Sewing by Clare Schaffer.
  • Order food at the supermarket
  • Finish up the Bombshell Dress! Take out fabric at the zipper of course.
  • Yoga class
  • This n that.
Till later, then... :-) 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...