Oh, not my wedding :-)
My boyfriend's sister's wedding.
Let me tell you something - the Bombshell Dress course is priceless. I learned a ton. But it was not meant to be done in such a time crunch! On Saturday I was stuck at home without A/C in an Israeli summer, humid and sticky. Pins everywhere, bits of cloth, unwashed dishes, all askew. I was losing it and luckily my boyfriend saved me by getting new batteries for the A/C remote control and pressing the "reset" button. After hand stitching the most beautiful pick stitches ever sewn, I realized the dress is a tad loose on the top. Time running out, mind fuzzy, and spirits fraying, I opted for plan B and decided to attend the wedding in a different dress - one that I had sewn nevertheless!
I will post wedding pics when I get them. And I will finish the dress! I just need to hem it and add the waist stay. Pictures will follow, as well as lessons learned!
The wedding was a blast. We danced till the very end. Alon's family is so nice :-) His friends were there too and we had a great time.
If Alon were not asleep I'd snap some photos of the aftermath in my living room / bedroom / sewing room (all the same room mind you!) - you would be truly appalled :-)
Till later!
No comments:
Post a Comment