Hi Readers!
I'm very happy to see that more people are following my blog! So first of all thank you so much for joining, and welcome! I hope I will continue to have useful sewing info to share with you. That's a good thing about a blog - instead of organizing everything in your head and of course forgetting it all, you can just scribble your thoughts and they are kept in the blogosphere forever.
Well enough of my blabbing. A week has passed since my sewing spree came to a halt - I'm referring to the dress I've been sewing during Gertie's "Sew Retro" course. I am ashamed to say it's not finished! The waist stay is installed, it looks finished, but it's way too big and I need to make it smaller (about 4 cm tighter at the bodice).
One way to go is to take it in at the zipper. The good thing about this option is that I'm amending only one seam. The bad thing is that it's not really "correct" to do it this way because the side seams may end up too far at the back, and the back neckline at the Center Back (where the zipper is) may "chevron" rather than be a straight line. And most importantly I will cry for undoing my beautiful hand sewn lapped zipper!
The second way to go would be to take it in at the side seams. That means detaching the lining from the bodice, taking in the side seams on the bodice and the lining, re-doing two bones that are on the side seams, detaching the skirt at the side seams and taking in the side seams of the skirt as well, and sewing it back together. Good thing is we don't touch the zipper and the side seams stay centered where they ought to be. Bad thing about this option is obviously it is a LOT of work.
The only other option I see is to take it in at all of the bodice seams and that is not happening.
It's a known fact that having too many choices causes some of us to procrastinate and choose to do nothing. Which is exactly what I've been doing! I know the practical way is to take it in at the zipper and put this beautiful dress behind me.
Which would you choose to do?
No comments:
Post a Comment