Thursday, August 4, 2011

starting a new applique pillow project

I bought a cover stitch machine! This means I will soon be entering the world of properly hemmed knit garments. I have several knit/jersey fabrics in my stash that I can use, and a few patterns as well.
Janome CoverPro 1000 CPX
My boyfriend asked me to make him an appliqued pillow like this one that I made a few days ago:

I wanted to use a different color combination; again, using fabric scraps I have rather than heading for the store. What do you think of this combination? I think it'll work well.
fabric for a quilted and appliqued pillowcase
This time I'll be making (or buying) the pillow filling itself as well as the pillowcase. I may have some stuffing lying around (batting scraps) as well as this fake-fabric roll that can be used to contain the stuffing:

I think I'll make a 50 cm  x 50 cm (about 19.5 in x 19.5 in) pillow this time. Not too big, not too small :-) With machine applique stitches rather than hand applique.

I'll wrap this post up with just a few of my favorite retro style dresses recently posted by members on burdastyle:

Wedding dress made from pre-pinched fabric by Melissa Caringer (see also this article):
[source]
Retro flower dress by Cleo's Colors:
[source]
"The Perfect Balance" dress by sewweekly:
[source]

A stunning wedding dress by nouvellegamine:
[source]
The Cyanide Secretary Dress by Passiona Cottie:
[source]
Vera-Ellen dress by refugeecrafter:
[source]
"Summer Oldie but Goodie" dress by nojallakuutamo
[source]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...