Saturday, August 20, 2011

patterns, more USA loot, etc

Sewing-wise, first things first: I won a giveaway!!! I won this great fabric (on the left in the photo below) as part of a skirt making kit from Passiona Cottie. I love her blog as well as her adventurous sewing nature - she's always up for a challenge and is constantly improving her skills and making beautiful garments along the way. Check out her creations on burdastyle and you're sure to be inspired!

Today I drove over to my parents' house where my aunt was visiting after her trip to the USA. She brought me some sewing stuff I asked for, including these great patterns, which were on sale online (4 USD each):
Butterick 5685 - must-have coat from the new fall collection
Butterick 5682 - so many styles of jeans in one pattern package!
Butterick 5674 - I absolutely love the folds on this dress
Butterick 4657 - advanced evening dress that I will try to make sometime in the future
McCalls 6027 - I love the gored dress, the added godets in the skirts and all the sleeve variations
Godet: an extra piece of fabric in the shape of a circular sector which is set into a garment, usually a dress or skirt. The addition of a godet causes the article of clothing in question to flare, thus adding width and volume.
Vogue 8743 - I love the bateau neckline and again the full gored skirt
Vogue 8727 - beautiful retro collar dress with tons of variations.
Vogue 8184 - retro style with fitted bodice
Vogue 8646 - very easy and looks useful as an everyday garment
Vogue 1258 - by Vena Cava - A really pretty pattern for improving my work with knits
Vogue 1257 - another pattern for knits, by DKNY. For fall/winter
I also got a tailor's ham (finally!), fusible webbing, and thread wax. Unfortunately my basting spray got lost somewhere along the way!

1 comment:

Happy in red said...

Fabulous patterns!! Love them. You're gonna make that coat? Whoah, that's quit something!
Have a great Sunday, Esther.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...