Saturday, August 27, 2011

ten great free bag tutorials

Rikka from Ricochet and Away! sent me a huge list of bag patterns, and I chose a few that I wanted to share with you. Do you know of other great bag patterns? Do share in the comments!


I'm posting only the ones that:

  1. I really like and will probably make sometime soon
  2. Have pretty pictures of the finished project
  3. Have good, clear instructions, also with lots of pictures/illustrations.
DIY Purse with Frame (at Ricochet and Away!)
I really must find a store that supplies metal frames! Instructions here.
[source: Ricochet and Away!]
The Bag Making Bible Bag Giveaway (at Sew, Mama, Sew!)
Instructions here: PDF
[source: Sew, Mama, Sew!]

A Springy Tote by Happy Together (at Versus)
I love the details, the sturdiness of the bag, and the interesting twist: It is make of a knit/jersey fabric! Instructions here.
[source: Versus]
Organizing Tote Basket (at 2 little hooligans)
I like the sturdy look of this bag. It looks very convenient to have all those pockets everywhere! Instructions here.
[source: 2 little hooligans]
Tote Bag (at jcaroline creative!)
Here's a cleaner variation of the tote bag above. Also a great sturdy roomy everyday bag. Instructions here.
[source: jcaroline creative!]
Reversible Tote Bag with Adjustable Straps (at Craft Passion)
Chic looking tote bag. Instructions here.
[source: Craft Passion]
Connor's Message Bag (at Punkin Patterns)
You gotta admit this is a really cool, professional looking bag! Instructions here.
[source: Punkin Patterns]
If you're a fan of message bags, here are two more good ones.
PUSH THE ENVELOPE [source: Weekend Designer]
Messenger Bag with Zip Closure [source: Heart of Mary]
Buttercup Bag (at made by RAE)
Pretty handbag. I love the short straps and the subtle round bottom. Instructions here.
[source: made by RAE]
The Card Condo (at Craft Gossip)
Really pretty wallet for credit cards and business cards.
Instructions here.
[source: Craft Gossip]

Mini Wallet Tutorial (at 7LayerStudio)
Very cute and clean looking wallet for just a very few things.
Instructions here.
[source: 7LayerStudio]
I just have to add this beautiful free Amy Butler "Thea's Puzzle Quilt" pattern. Yes, it's free! Other free Amy Butler patterns can be found here.
Thea's Puzzle Quilt [source: Amy Butler free patterns]

1 comment:

Ricochet said...

Awwww, so nice to see my little tute amoungst all those great bags! Thanks for the shout-out! You have come up with a very nice list of free patterns.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...