Thursday, August 18, 2011

what's up with me

Hey readers,

This post is just going to be a general "what's up with me" post. I feel sort of wound up and find it hard to relax and focus on one thing...

The Retro Pillow Challenge is moving along great so far. It's starting on Sept 1, but already ten people have signed up! Yay! Rikka and I worked so hard on setting up this challenge, and now I have that odd feeling like I was running really fast and then I reached my destination and now I feel strange for not running anymore. So if you're reading this please visit the Retro Pillow Challenge page and email us that you're joining! Please! :-)
I've been to two job interviews (computer programming) this week. They both sound really interesting and great, allowing me to work only 3 days a week which will be a dream for me, to allow for a better balance with my creative aspirations. I was kind of hoping they'd ask me interesting algorithmic problems in the interviews, but they asked other things instead. It feels weird to try your best to make a good impression and leave without knowing what they really thought of you. But that's just how it goes.

I've been re-organizing my house (yes, again). Fabric was all over the place and no amount of tidying up helped. I wanted to organize the fabric on an IKEA bookshelf that I have, but as I moved it to another room I broke the "X" that stabilizes the bookshelf, and now I can't put it back together. So I improvised by making "shelves" out of cardboard boxes I hadn't gotten around to throwing into the recycling bin. When all of my fabric is in one place, I see that I, too, like many of us, am a fabricoholic. It's quite sad to realize but admitting you have a problem is 50% of the cure! No more fabric shopping!!! No more buying a piece of fabric "because I just couldn't leave it behind"!
my makeshift fabric stash - organized
My cat organizer photos have been rejected by craftgawker for being too dark / out of focus :-( I guess I'll wait for a cloudy day.
I know it's kind of dark... but how can you reject such an adorable cat??
I signed up for a pattern making course! It's 4 hours a week (8AM-12PM on Fridays), for a year and two months! Very serious business. My sewing friend Libby is attending as well. This means I have to stop going to the ceramics studio on Fridays. Which is just as well because each of these is really expensive and time consuming. Sometimes it's more effective to focus on less areas of interest, right?

I think I'll go make myself a snack now. Feeling kind of depleted after the interview - but I'll go do some laundry and get back to my sewing.

Comment please! I need to hear kind words from my fellow sewing friends...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for coming and visiting my blog! I've been teaching myself to sew for the past year (with a looong way to go) and I will say that there is absolutely no shame in having an obnoxious amount of fabric lying around and taking up valuable storage space!! :) I am your newest follower and good luck with your interviews!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...