Friday, September 9, 2011

apartment - modest "after" photos

Well, I've achieved my goal of cleaning the apartment and organizing it as planned. It's not really fair to call the photos "before" and "after", because I've been re-organizing my messy apartment for a while now. Here are some photos after the cleanup and re-org!


Cost: $0


Maybe in the future I'll do more of an interior decoration project - that could be fun and will surely spice up the place! For now, I just needed to make sure the place was well organized for my needs.

This is what I changed:
  • Moved the bed out of the living room (only room with A/C) and back into the bedroom.
  • Moved the sewing tables around in the living room
  • Added a mat as a very cheap no-vacuuming-needed carpet (it can be washed) to the living room
  • Moved a cabinet to the living room and put my useful sewing tools on it (the tools used to be on the table next to the sewing machines)
  • Moved the low piece of furniture from the bedroom to the ex-sewing room
  • Organized the pattern paper so it's no longer on the floor
Here's the living room - it's got the sofa, bookshelves, some small tables, the drafting table and the sewing machine table.

I'm really happy with this cabinet for my sewing tools
See that blueish thing hanging in the doorway? Well, since there's no door in the living room nor the bedroom, I hung up this blue mat to keep the air-conditioning in. I want to replace it with something prettier (but inexpensive). I was thinking of maybe making a very heavy curtain that's made of separate pieces so you could enter through them. Any other suggestions are welcome!
pattern drafting/tracing/cutting table on the left, sewing machine area on the right
Here's the old sewing room (let's call it the back room). see that blue bag hanging on the wall? It's an IKEA bag with the pattern paper in it (big sheets and scraps). There's also another bag in it with actual traced/printed patterns. How nice not to have these rolling around on the floor!
sewing room
And here's the bedroom, which finally looks like a real bedroom because there's a bed in it again!
bedroom
I left the ironing board in the bedroom. I'm really happy with my fabric stash shelves. So far they're very tidy and easy to access :-)
bedroom - fabric stash shelves
---
Check out what I found. You can donate fabric scraps to this wonderful cause - if you live in the USA, you can even ship your donation to an address in the USA. What a great way to help a good cause and to get rid of your fabric stash guilt-free!

1 comment:

Ricochet said...

Hooray for tidy, organized rooms!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...