Tuesday, September 13, 2011

cute, gorgeous, inspiring

Hi girls!

I've been sewing like mad. I finished my retro pillow and I'll post photos soon. I also made a baby quilt completely out of fabric and supplies from my stash, start to finish, in less than 24 hours (!!!). The baby quilt is a gift, so I might post little sneak peeks of it but nothing more!

Yesterday I found out that there is a quilt shop in Israel. I cannot tell you how enormous this news is to me! I'm heading out there in a bit.

I'll post pictures for all of the above soon. In the meantime, feast your eyes on these beautiful and inspiring crafts. I stumbled upon all of them on craftgawker and I've posted them up on my pinterest page, and I wanted to share them with you. Enjoy!

This is something I am totally going to make - you basically "upholster" a cork board with a piece of cloth, using only a hammer and nails. What a great idea!
beautify a cork board! With tutorial
Remember how I said I wanted one of these space savers (thanks to Pam's and Rikka's recommendations)? Well, here's a tutorial on how to make one. I still need to look in local shops, maybe it's inexpensive and worth buying ready-made rather than making. It's interesting to see how to work with vinyl! The girl who wrote this post said she put a piece of scotch tape on the bottom of her sewing machine foot, to keep it from sticking to the vinyl. Isn't that clever?
hanging space saver, with tutorial
great tip for sewing on vinyl - scotch tape on machine foot
Look at these beautiful hand made chandeliers and their ready-made counterparts. I love them!
hand made chandelier [source | tutorial]
hand made chandelier [source | tutorial]
These gorgeous handmade pottery bowls, used as props for this unique jewelry, caught my eye:
[source]
These printed bags are just gorgeous. I love the style, cute chic updated and fun. Seeing them makes me want to dash to the nearest craft store and buy fabric paint/ink. Which I will do soon!
[source]
My mom does crochet. I know how to, but I've neglected the skill. I stumbled upon these two inspiring and beautiful crochet creations and sent them straight to Mom.
perfect flower crochet pillow - must have!
the cutest crochet PJ teddy family!
Have you ever wanted to open an etsy shop? I know I have, and I just can't imagine how I'd make any profit (let alone cover my expenses) when making my creations is so time consuming. I love crafting and I'm willing to do only that my whole life, but unfortunately money does not grow on trees! I know one day I will mature and find a way to craft not only for myself and for family and friends. In the meantime, reading articles like this about a successful etsy shop inspire me (expanded text here, and more etsy tips here, thought provoking post about streamlining here). Please do share your story if you sell your crafts, or aspire to!

I could just go on and on - there are so many inspiring crafts out there!

3 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

There are so many inspiring craft and sewing projects out there. My To Do list is growing daily!!! I really like the upholstered corkboard, with the cute button thumbtacks. I gave away my corkboards and replaced them with magnetic boards. If I'd seen this tutorial first, I would have saved myself some money.

Well done on finishing your Retro Pillow! I've washed and ironed fabrics and have drawn some designs. I'd better get moving!!!

Ricochet said...

Ack, your pillow is done!? I need to get going! Still have fish purses that I've been procrastinating on....
Let me know if you find the secret to selling crafts for a profit. I'm excited to follow your etsy info links next.
Best,
Rikka

sarah said...

Thanks for featuring my burlap cork board! I'm glad you liked it :)
I love all the other crafts and I ideas you posted too. Aren't sites like craftgawker and pinterest wonderful? (and addicting!) I love getting all the ideas and inspirations. It sure makes you want to go make something!
By the way, your quilting projects are gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...