I finished one out of four place mats. The rest will be pretty much identical, except for the randomness of the design, obviously.
The owner of the quilting shop told me I should use 100% quality cotton thread for quilting, and I can't get that in the store near me. I preferred to have quilted using a matching brown thread, but since I had none, I went for my natural-cotton colored thread (cream / off-white).
I think the brown thread and a tighter quilting design (stippling) would have given a prettier result.
Overall I like the colors. I think it might be a bit too busy, but nevertheless I'm content with it, I guess. I will finish the other three and form my opinion after putting them aside for a couple of days...
What do you think?
3 comments:
These are pretty cool!
Have a good weekend, Esther.
beautiful place mats! I love the colors!
I love the colors too! You are a pro at binding the edges. Your corners are perfect! I'm not so good yet.....;-)
Post a Comment