Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Monday's loot

I met up with Mom in Allenby St. in Tel Aviv yesterday and we bought some yarn (for her knitting) and some fabric (for my sewing).
Allenby St., Tel Aviv [ source ]
Here's an inventory of our loot!
This gives me yet another chance to practice my feeble photography skills...

3.5 meters of apple-green fabric for the curtain in my bedroom
Price: 70 NIS ($19 US) - 20 NIS per meter ($6 US per yard)

First, it's going in the wash. Then I'll sew a curtain out of it, with loops to hold it up on the rod. Finally I might embellish it using stencils and fabric paint. I've never done that before and it could be so much fun!




Soft blue fake fur fabric scrap for making a teddy bear
Price: only 10 NIS ($2.75 US)!


10 meters of bathing suit elastic
Price: 20 NIS ($5.50 US) - 2 NIS per meter ($0.60 US per yard)
I'm really proud of this photo!



Knitted Scrunchy Hats - hand-knitted gift from Mom :-)
Aren't they pretty? I'll try to get a photograph of me modeling them :-)



Parking - 30 NIS ($8.30 US) O_O after searching for cheaper parking for half an hour and giving up...


And lots of yarn for Mom's knitted creations, including a yarn in bluish shades for a scarf gift for my friend, and an off-white yarn (25% wool) for a bolero for me.

After Mom and I said our goodbyes and she headed home, I headed to the  Shenkar College of Engineering and Design, where I made the payment arrangements for the pattern making course I am attending. I also bought the rest of the necessary supplies at the art supply shop. 

All in all, 'twas a fruitful morning! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You scored some great deals! And I am slightly jealous that you are attending a pattern making course...that is my dream :)

Wag Doll said...

Oh you got some great fabric there, can't wait to see what you make with the blue furry fabric x

Ricochet said...

Yay for loot! Are you thinking about using that apple printing technique on your curtain fabric? Your elastic photo is very good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...