Just thought I'd post up a bit of my work so far! It's all totally quilting related, and very much "Oh, Fransson!" inspired.
I abandoned the place mats with the fade marks for now and started making new ones, out of quality quilting cotton. Alas, they were not ready in time for the wedding I am attending. I guess they will be a gift for another occasion, then!
Here are some photos of the new place mats in progress.
These are the fabrics I chose - the top row of blues/turquoises are for the wonky blocks, the dark brown is for the background and the back of the place mat, and the stripes are for the binding.
I cut 6-inch strips from each blue/turquoise fabric piece, and sewed a 3-inch dark brown strip on either side. Then I chopped them up with my trusty rotary cutter, sort of wonky shaped.
Then I sewed the wonky blocks together free-style, and squared them up.
Finally I added another brown rectangle piece to make the place mats 35x45 cms (about 14x18 inches):
Up next: finish the fourth place mat, quilt them (meandering / stippling), and bind! Which reminds me that I want to write a post about meandering and stippling...!
I finished the baby quilt I'm making. I can't show it to you here on the blog (though I'm dying to!) because it's a gift but I will give you a sneak peek! if you want me to send you the full photos, send me your email and I'll be happy to show them off!
| all packed up and waiting! |
The quilt design was inspired by this lovely creation by amydunn (based on the chopped vegetables design by "Oh Fransson!")
![]() |
| [source] |

4 comments:
I do like the offset piecing. It's very effective. I imagine it would also be more forgiving of mistakes.
Loving these! My fave is the blue cushion, it just has such a freshness to it! I'm enjoying browsing through your archives, keep up the good work!
Love the wonky blocks! It would be great if you would link these up to my party www.projectqueen.org. I'm a follower and can't wait to see how the place mats turned out!
This combination really looks very good, i am really glad to see this table clothes and covers, you have shared really amazing collection and creative table clothes.
custom table pads
Post a Comment