Thursday, June 2, 2011

being lazy... *yawn*

Ever since I stopped working (a week ago) I've been doing a lot of stuff - the usual chores, tidying up, organizing stuff, exercising, sewing, reading... One problem though - there's been a lot of "nothingness" in between these bursts of activity.
two experts at having bursts of activity with lots of idle time in between
This morning I bought a gift for my friend's son and went to the Bris of her newborn. I had a pleasant conversation there with a girl I used to work with, who left her computer programming job for being a high school math teacher 8 years ago (she got her Computer Science degree a year before I did). Then I stopped by the bakery to order tasty pastries for my farewell gathering at work for next Monday. Sounds like I got a lot done huh? But not really... I got home at around two-three in the afternoon and took a long nap... Napped over the time I was supposed to go to Feldenkreis class (and Feldenkreis class is in itself a sort of nap-time...) My cousin came by for a visit and we chatted for a bit... And look at the time - ten PM. That means I spent hours and hours aimlessly surfing the net and spacing out and such.

I'm glad I have this blog - I want to get back to sewing and I need motivation! I hope I'll have followers and kind commenters soon... :-| I know I will once I post some projects on burdastyle again... So you, my future readers, are driving me on.

Anyway. I rolled up my sleeves to copy the dress pattern, and I was wondering - should I cut it instead of trace it onto translucent, stronger, paper? What do you guys do? I simply couldn't bear to cut the original pattern sheets I got in the mail. What if I wear it out or tear it? What if I want a bigger size later on? So tracing it is. The table is too small for the huge circle skirt - I won't use the floor because of the grooves between the tiles - and I don't feel like crouching on the floor. I have a larger table in the sewing room but you can see in these sad pictures the state the sewing room has been in for quite some time.
there's a nice big table under there...
the mess's regime expands as time passes
I have escaped to the living room, which has much less light and none of the sewing equipment, but luckily it has an air conditioner, and it has a table that is visible to the naked eye.
why do the patterns arrive so wrinkly? :-P
Tel Aviv is still not unbearably hot though. I'm guessing summer - the real, humid, seriously hot summer - is planning a surprise sneak-attack which will be carried out very soon.

Anyway - tomorrow's Friday - that means ceramics class in the morning. Afterwards I will probably head out for a visit to my parent's house (probably after a nap! Ceramics class is so tiring!). Perhaps I shall take along my camera and post up some photos of the cats? As you know they've moved house to the country - they love it there, the little princes...
prince Shugi, confiscating my coat
prince Pushkin, confiscating my bag


Getting sleepy. That means I'll either go draft some patterns or head straight to bed.

But before I go, let me be of some use to humanity and tell you that if you ever want to copy an existing article of clothing, you must check out these links. BTW I used a thin blanket instead of the foam surface (which I did not have).
And watch this one afterwards for pants - it is indispensable!
Nightie Night!

1 comment:

MarcelaMaldonado said...

Wow! Those videos are very useful to me!

I see that you changed the design of your blog too! It looks great, brighter! So long I've been around! I'm even away from Burda site too.

But I see you kept on sewing, really nice summer dress you made, so great is warm weather in Tel Aviv, here we are almost in winter, can't wait to be on summer again and make lovely dresses like yours!

=D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...