Sunday, June 12, 2011

sewing room relocation

Today I finally rolled up my sleeves and reorganized the living room and sewing room. Here is the plan:
  1. Move the sewing machines (regular + overlock) and the drafting table to the living room (where the A/C is!) 
  2. Leave the rest of the messy stuff (ironing board, magazines, etc) in the sewing room.
Here is a photo of the living room from January 2010. Some things have changed since then:
  • The rug is long gone (destroyed by the cats - maybe I should get a new one?) 
  • The plants have been moved to the terrace and are questionably alive...
  • The bookshelves have been painted reddish-wine.
Here's a picture of the living room from today:
my reorganzied living room + sewing area :-)
As you can see, I moved the bookshelves to make room for the tables. One bookshelf is now in the sewing room. The remaining bookshelf stays in the living room and contains only the "pretty" books. Magazines, notepads, and other misc junk have been relocated to the sewing room.
moved the bookshelf over here and left only four of my vases in the living room
my sewing books :-)
the couch where I work on my computer and space out
and the indoor terrace where I hang up my laundry 
Here's the new sewing area in the living room. I'm going to put the sewing machines on the smaller table (the one that is further away in this photo). The larger table is for drafting / tracing patterns.
the new relocated sewing area!
It was too much for me to organize the sewing room as well... I just dumped whatever I wanted to move there on the floor. For example, here are the many vases that I created, which used to be in the living room - they need to find new homes!
vases on the sewing room floor  
Here's the bookshelf I moved from the living room, where I'll put magazines etc:
bookshelf in sewing room
lots of stuff moved from the living room to the sewing room 
The one thing I'll miss about the sewing room is all that sunlight! But I won't be missing the heat!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...