Saturday, June 4, 2011

triathlon - Tel Aviv

My boyfriend participated in the Triathlon in Tel Aviv today :-)
here they are swimming in the Mediterranean sea
look at all of these bicycles
I knew the summer was going to sneak up on us, did I not? And yet - would you believe I brought a sweater? I recalled the chilly breeze I was used to when we had breakfast in one of the cafe's along the boardwalk (right next to the sea) - not this scorching heat!
It took me a while to understand how the place was organized, where to stand and wait, etc... I got to see him changing from swimming to cycling:
putting on a shirt to go cycling 25 km
And then from cycling to running:
After swimming and cycling, before running
5 km left to run to the finish line
And I waited an hour at the finish line, but somehow I missed him! He had arrived 30 minutes before I realized it. O_O It's too bad as I had really prepared taking a few good portrait shots with my camera.

All in all, twas a good day. Next time I'm wearing a white scarfy thing against the sun! And bringing water and some snacks.

---
Sewing-wise, I've traced the pattern sheets and I'm going to make a "muslin" from a disposable tablecloth I have. Then hopefully after finding out there are no fitting changes necessary, it's off to cutting the real fabric!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...