Monday, June 13, 2011

reorganized sewing room

The (former) sewing room is now much more organized. I've moved the sewing machines to the living room and left the rest of the supplies in the sewing room. Here are some photos.
this bookshelf used to be in the living room 
table is now clear
ironing board and fitting mirror
the fabric bookshelf still needs organizing
pile of clothes for ironing, being effectively ignored
---
I bought a few mats made of recycled plastic - one in turquoise for the living room, and five others (there was a special price for five!) for the bedroom, kitchen, etc. I can return them if the colors aren't suitable. These mats can be washed in the tub with soap and water, which is why I got them. I don't want a messy rug that needs to be vacuumed... Plus they were super cheap. We'll see when they arrive whether or not it was a good idea to get them. Anyway, the smaller ones can also be used for the park or the beach. Total price including delivery: 200 NIS (58 USD).

---
Today I bought a few interesting books at the bookstore (in Hebrew). One book is about finding your career path. A second book is about behavioral economics, and the third is about highly sensitive people. Then I went to the animal shelter (spca) where two and a half hours went by so fast. I cleaned the kittens' eyes with ointment and met a new volunteer. Next time I can bring a camera, so I hope to have photos of the kittens soon! I got home very hungry and had a salad, and then instead of going to my exercise class here's what I did:
popcorn good. exercise not good.
Tomorrow I'm going to Jerusalem to visit my aunt and help her out with her garden. This time off work is definitely starting to grow on me!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...